This banana bread with fresh blueberries is simply irresistible!
3 very ripe bananas (My trick is to “rescue over ripened bananas from the counter by taking off the peel and placing in the ziplock bag in the freezer)
zest plus juice of 1/4 lemon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon Grand Marnier liquor
3/4 cup almond meal
1/4 cup garbanzo flour
2 T coconut palm sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup organic blueberries
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
High speed blender
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. In a Vitamix or another blender puree bananas. Add the rest of the liquid ingredients. Mix.
3. Add dry ingredients, do not over mix.
4. Fold in blueberries and walnuts.
5. Line loaf pan with parchment paper. Pour in the mixture.
6. Bake at 350 F until the top is golden and center done, about 60 minutes.
7. Store in the refrigerator.